1. Cambodia is one of the most heavily mined areas of the world.
2. Mines are still found everywhere in the country and therefore a visit is unadvisable.
3. The problems of unexploded ordinance in Cambodia include:
a. unexploded American bombs from the Vietnam war
b. Chinese made mines from the Khmer Rouge period
c. Soviet made mines from the civil war period
d. A and B above
e. All of the above
4. Laying mines is relatively inexpensive, they cost about ______ per mine.
a. $3 per mine
b. $5 per mine
c. $10 per mine
d. $12 per mine
5. To clear mines however is much more expensive, running about ______ per mine.
a. $500 per mine
b. $1000 per mine
c. $1500 per mine
d. $2000 per mine
6. The story of landmine clearing in Cambodia is one of the bright spots in the countries very recent history. This is true because:
a. The number of mine casualties has been falling each year.
b. The areas where there are still casualties are localized.
c. Since 1999 no new landmines are being laid.
d. Cambodia has ratified the Mine Ban Treaty.
e. All of the above.